INTRODUCTION AND SCOPE
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES CMAS-ISA COLLECT?
1. The types of Personal Information that we may Collect includes information necessary to provide our Content and Services. This may include personal information which contains identifiable information such as (amongst other things) your first and last name, profile pictures, email address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, identity number and details about your diving certifications and if you are a member, information related to the method in which you pay the membership fees ("Personal Information").
2. We may also Collect other information, including your interests, preferences, purchasing behaviour, transactional information, geographical location (which could include various technologies that determine your actual location, such as geographical data from your mobile device (GPS or IP location)) and demographics (e.g., age, gender).
3. We may on occasion combine Personal Information we receive online with other records to develop a membership profile relating to you.
4. We will attempt to limit the types of Personal Information we Collect to only that to which you consent
5. When you visit our Website, our web server also automatically records the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the website from which you visit us, the pages on our sites you visit and in what sequence, and the date and length of your visit. This information is aggregate and anonymous data and does not identify you specifically.
HOW DO YOU USE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
1. We may use your Personal Information to: 1. provide Services or Content you request (e.g. send you by email or other electronic means our newsletters or other services in which you express an interest);
2. allow you to participate in recreational activities on the Website(e.g. participate in our message boards), to organize or carry out educational or promotional activities, games or promotional events;
3. inform you of changes made to our Website;
4. inform you of content, services, promotions, offers and competitions which you may find interesting;
5. For instructors to verify your CMAS-ISA certification
6. For Instructors and the CMAS-ISA office to process and issue your certifications
5. respond to any queries you may have;
7. develop a more direct relationship with you for the purposes described in this section;
8. develop your online membership profile, if you are a member;
9. understand general trends and patterns so we can develop and support existing and ongoing strategies for our services and educational content; and
10. for security, administrative and legal purposes.
WHAT ABOUT PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE?
WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE USED FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
1. Your personal information will at not time be used for marketing purposes
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES ARE IN PLACE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
1. Although absolute security cannot be guaranteed on the Internet, we have in place upto-date, reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorised disclosure or access to the information we Collect online.
2. While we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide us, we will continue to maintain and improve these security measures over time in line with legal and technological developments.
HOW WILL CMAS-ISA STORE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
1. We store your Personal Information in South Africa. We may also or alternatively store your Personal Information on and transfer your Personal Information to a central database located in South Africa. If the location of the central database is located in a country that does not have substantially similar laws which provide for the protection of personal data, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected in that jurisdiction.
WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE ELSE?
HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION CMAS-ISA HOLDS ABOUT ME?
1. To see the Personal Information we have collected through this Website that relates to you, to cancel it and/or to correct or update this Personal Information, please email us at email@example.com,za In addition, we will always give you the opportunity to update your Personal Information.
2. To protect your privacy and security we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access.
will be posted on this Website so that you are always informed of the latest version.
HOW CAN I CONTACT CMAS-ISA?